30 October 2013

Visits to Nottingham Services

The rehab where I volunteer, Studio House, suggested I visit some of the services they work with around the Nottingham area in order to see for myself what is available for vulnerable people. 
I've visited a few places now and I enjoy meeting with the people who run them. As well as helping my confidence and communication skills, it makes me feel more connected and more knowledgeable about the help and support on offer around the area in which I am living and working.
Some of the services I've found out more about include:
HLG - a charity offering training, consultancy and support to vulnerably housed or homeless people
Compass - a charity offering support to under 18s concerning substance misuse issues
Recovery in Nottingham and Double Impact - support for those in drug and alcohol recovery
There really are some great services on offer in the area and I'm pleased to be getting involved and working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment