18 November 2013

Wisdom of Psychopaths

Today I finished 'The Wisdom of Psychopaths' by Kevin Dutton. This book offered an alternative perspective to studying psychopaths and their behaviour and personalities. Can psychopathic traits be beneficial? In what context and in which situations? What can we learn from psychopaths? These questions, and many more, were answered in this fascinating book. This book really was a brilliant read. Kevin Dutton perfectly balanced entertainment and humour with informative aspects and offered both anecdotes as well as more hardcore research. Controversial, revolutionary, ground-breaking and highly thought-provoking; it is everything someone like me - who is fascinated by human abnormality and who loves alternative approaches and ways of thinking - could want!

Also, this happened. That really was the cherry on top of a fantastic reading experience!

I aspire to one day be the sort of psychologist who is able to write a book of this style. Reading books like these inspires me to write a book of my own in the future. Also, this has completely reinforced my longing to get into Magdalen College, Oxford. To think I might actually get the chance to meet and talk to Kevin Dutton! That would be so brilliant! I can't even begin to explain how much I want to get into Oxford University. I want it more than I've ever wanted anything! But I guess, dreams don't work unless you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment