24 October 2013

Critical Thinking

Since I'm doing my Oxford Thinking Skills Test (TSA) in a couple of weeks, I've been trying to understand some critical thinking stuff as a way of preparation.
At first glance it all seems very deep, complicated and confusing. But, by working through 'Critical Thinking For Students' by Roy van den Brink-Dudgen, I've started to get my head round it. This book has been great in that it introduces me to the subject in small steps, tests what I've learned, then adds things on.
It's really very logical now that I've begun to get the hang of it. I'm glad that I'm learning this skill, not just because it will help with my TSA but because I feel that I can apply it to all of my subjects and all elements of life. Being able to analyse and evaluate are key skills. And since, although I considered Critical Thinking AS, I chose EPQ instead I think its good that I'm being active in developing such a skill. It will help me in Psychology no end, it evaluating and considering various approaches, explanations and pieces of evidence.
Overall, I am enjoying learning this skill (even if I am getting nervous for my TSA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment