24 August 2013

Brain Matters - The University of Nottingham

This was a great event to be involved in! It took place during March 2013 and details can be found here
I contributed to the event by entering the poster competition. My poster is entitled 'Unlocking Hidden Voices' and I will post a picture of it. It was inspired by a BBC Panorama episode called 'The Mind Reader: Unlocking My Voice'. It was about a group of severely brain injured patients, many diagnosed as vegetative. New brain imaging technology was being used to help these patients communicate via MRI scans by answering questions in their minds. I found this program very moving and I used the information for further research and for my poster. 
Although I didn't win anything I really enjoyed making the poster and the research fascinates me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment